Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The feel of what they might feel !

By Hira Malik

Today the electrician working at my place came downstairs to ask something about the new accessories we have bought for our home. It was just then that the idea stuck me- how these people must have felt working with things they know they'll never get!
I mean, it seems pretty impossible that they'll ever be able to buy all such products for there own homes- in times when basic amenities of life are going out of reach of common citizen, how one even think about these 'luxuries'?
And at the same time it seems simply out of question that they don't feel bad about it, about not being able to get them for themselves and there family members.
This thought just made me recall all the excitement we had while buying all those products, the thrill and the joy, all the plannings that where would this be placed, where would that be, how the relatives and friends would love it and how much we ourselves enjoy living with all those things of our own choice.
Don't all others deserve the same excitement and thrill? Don't they have right of living in better homes and enjoying all these good things in life.
I might be wrong in assessing the situation or in making judgment, but felt really sorry for these people. The worst was, I felt totally helpless in this situation. There is nothing I can do for them, or maybe I lack courage and guidance to move ahead and do something.
It is useless to end up saying 'I hope one day things will improve and ... '. I know such ONE DAY will never come. Something practical has to be done, but what is it, I know not ...!

2 comments:

  1. I am touched. Kind of you to even think of it yaar, others wouldn't even bother thinking about others as long as they are enjoying the luxuries of life.
    Well, I know that an equitable distribution of wealth is something practically impossible and I do not believe on fatalism, but I do believe that some people never try climbing up the economic ladder because they lose hope in themselves.
    On the other hand, there are people, the luckiest ones who are always contented with whatever Allah SWT bestows upon them. I so wish one day I become part of that lot, but desires and wants are so overpowering...I don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Sarah, equal distribution of wealth is simply impossible! Still, I sometimes feel really bad about it!
    nd thanx for the appreciation ...

    ReplyDelete