Saturday, November 20, 2010

The inevitable expectations ...

'Expectations hurt'. This is the expression that most of us hear on regular basis and also believe in it, but at the same time we are expecting something from someone. Putting an end to this practice seems quite impossible!
As far as myself is concerned, I have been constantly promising myself that there would be no best friends, no close person, I won't trust anyone to the extend that gives him the power to hurt me.
However, this always remains 'a promise unfulfilled', and I believe that I am not the only one facing this situation.
This is perhaps human nature, that we confide hopes every time time we fine someone sympathetic towards us, someone caring, someone who tries to understand what others simple ignore. The person might be your friend, a relative, a sibling or anyone. What actually matters is- this person make you break your promise that you made to yourself, that u'll never expect anything from anybody.
You do favors to each other, start sharing things and one day you suddenly find yourself saying: I didn't expect this from you.
Expect anything? Yes, another expectation, another incurable wound!
I just can't seem to find any way of getting out of this expectation game, no matter how hard I try, how much effort I put in. It all seems so natural, so involuntary that I cannot help thinking: maybe this cycle would never ever come to an end. All these claims by people are baseless and all the advices given go unheard- or atleast not acted upon.
As long as man remains a social animal, he would continue to interact with people, continue to befriend with them and would continue to EXPECT from them!

2 comments:

  1. That was very deep indeed! If there are no expectations, there is no hope, if there is no hope, there is not point in living a life. All these emotions of life are so intricate that we cannot divorce them from our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That is why we end up expecting, no matter how much these expectations hurt..!

    ReplyDelete