Sunday, November 28, 2010

Four long year have finally passed (rather flown away)

By Hira Malik

So, this week marks the end of four year long journey started in January 2007.  There were around 50 students, all from different backgrounds, having different aims were there after getting many dreams shattered, but all of them were united under the same head- department of Mass Communication, BS first batch. 
It took us some time to get acquainted with each other, as is the case with any new batch mates. The first day was the usual- trying to make friends, being polite, showing etiquette and asking each other about their academic background. There were confusions and uncertainties. A very few students were there by choice, others (including me) were there merely by choice. Therefore there was more to do then making friends- we had to adjust in the new environment that we never wished to be in.
The early uneasy phase passed away quickly and soon three were best friends and groups and pals ready to die for each other.
Time started to go by its normal pace. It wasn’t late when studies became something of secondary importance- first being friends and the tafreeh at university.
Comfort scale grew gradually, and soon it was time when everyone was a friend! No matter your bestie is there or not, you are not going to be alone as long as other students are present. We were all Friends by that time.
There were always things to grab our attention whenever we started getting bore. There were gossips and hot news that always gained everybody’s attention and spread like fire of jungle.
A very few outings were planned and executed during these times alright, but all of them were full of excitement and fun.
I all these years, there came many ups and downs too. There were hookups and breakups, fights and reconciliations. There were all the experiences that one has to experience (or witness) in life.
It would not be wrong to say that this journey is an unforgettable, remarkable and irreplaceable one! No matter where we go, no matter how many friends we make and how good we feel being with them, this charm and familiarity can never ever be replaced. I wish it could remain as it is, with nobody going anywhere and no changes being made. However, I know this is just an immature wish, from the part of me that still lives in fantasy. The truth is- the beauty of everything is in the fact that it is meant to end one day. It is the feel of moving ahead and leaving everything behind that has united us all and has made us nostalgic. We came together to be parted one day.
Anyways, the golden memories of these times will always and always remain in my heart. Now I actually understand what they mean by: ‘University is a place where you enter with fears and leave with tears.’
 Love all my class mates. Love Mass Communication. Love Karachi University!



27 Nov 2010- BS First Batch, Mass Communication.

2 comments:

  1. So true.
    *Sob sob*
    I am going to miss my time like hell seriously.It was definitely the best phase of my life because,

    'I learned to survive on my own, and I am what I am today because my institution polished my abilities. Despite of lack of facilities and bias at the hands of few teachers, I love KU, I love MCD and I am going to miss all my classmates.'

    ReplyDelete